Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Buckwheat pancakes

These are a winner, I'll never go back to wheat flour pancakes! I find them very filling and I don't get hungry right away the way I used to after a wheat pancake stack.

Enough to serve two ordinary adults (I always make a double batch for our family of 3 :-)

Ingredients

1/2C Buckwheat Flour
1/2C Cornflour
1t Baking Powder
1 Egg
1T Oil
1C Rice Milk or Soy Milk

Method

Combine dry ingredients. In another bowl mix together oil and milk. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add egg, and oil/milk mixture. Stir till smooth. Cook over a medium heat, the key is to wait until the bubbles pop and the pancake is mostly cooked before trying to flip.

My favorite toppings are jam and banana, or tinned peaches, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment